Black Shirt Brewing Co. just opened up its own kitchen, where chef and restauranteur Bill Greenwood and chef Matthew Kender will today start turning out beer-inspired, Johnny Cash-honoring pizza.
“The opening of our kitchen represents a dream realized. The original concept for Black Shirt Brewing was to bring together four things — beer, pizza, music, and community” Black Shirt Brewing Co.‘s Branden Miller said in a statement. “The opportunity to open a kitchen gives us the ability to create the ideal beer and pizza pairings that brings out the best flavors from both. It’s our hope to serve the finest pizza and beer combo in Denver.”
The new menu so far includes three pies and three salads, with desserts to be added soon.
- The Carter: Roma tomatoes, mozzarella, extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil.
- The Johnny: red ale roasted sausage, fennel, fontina, BSB tomato sauce, oregano and roasted garlic clove.
- The Cash: BSB IPA barbecue sauce, roasted chicken, taleggio cheese, mango, caramelized sweet onions and arugula.
- The Folsom: roasted chicken, avocado, egg, Tender Belly bacon, Maytag blue cheese, buttermilk ranch, iceberg lettuce and marinated cherry tomatoes.
- The Sue: whole roasted zucchini, black walnut vinaigrette, fried egg, mixed herb salad, roasted black walnuts and red grapes.
- The Line: chimichurri flank steak, creamy Dijon dressing, roasted red onions, charred corn, cotija cheese, sweet gem and red sorrel green.
There are also plans for more speciality pizza, seasonal pies and a brunch menu in the near future.
Black Shirt’s kitchen will be open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.