FiveThirtyEight: Hillary Clinton has a much better chance of winning Colorado than Donald Trump

It involved a bit of math.

ashley-dean-square-crop
Hillary Clinton visits Galvanize. June 28, 2016. (Kevin J. Beaty/Denverite)

hillary clinton; denver; politics; election; denverite; kevinjbeaty; colorado;

Hillary Clinton visits Galvanize. June 28, 2016. (Kevin J. Beaty/Denverite)

Hillary Clinton has a 68.5 percent chance of winning Colorado’s nine electoral votes, according to FiveThirtyEight’s analysis of polling results, which puts Trump’s chances of victory in the Centennial State at 31.5 percent.

To arrive at those numbers, FiveThirtyEight — whose editor Nate Silver admitted “emphatically” that he underestimated Trump in the primaries — collected polls from Quinnipiac University, Keating Research Inc. and YouGov, then weighted each “by its sample size, how recently it was conducted, and the historical accuracy and methodology of the polling firm” and adjusted for a handful of factors that take demographic data into account.

It involved a bit of math. Follow the link above to see it laid out.

The results paint a different picture than that Washington Post and ABC News poll we wrote about Sunday, which found Clinton ahead by just one percentage point.

Hi! You’re like us!

Looks like you’re the type of person who reads to the ends of articles! Well, true believer, you might really like our morning newsletter. It’s quick, free and gets you up to speed on the important and delightful things happening right here in Denver.

Thanks for reading another Denverite story

Does Denverite help you feel more connected to what’s up in your area? Do you want to be a part of it?

Member donations are critical to our continued existence and growth.

You’re our superpower

Denverite supporters have made the decision to financially support local journalism that matters to you. Ready to tell your networks why? Sharing our “About” page with your own personal comments could really help us out.

You’re our superpower

Denverite members have made the decision to financially support local journalism that matters to you. Ready to tell your networks why? Sharing our “About” page with your own personal comments could really help us out.