The sun is up on another day and Narrative is open in Cherry Creek, white marble fixtures likely gleaming under the light through floor-to-ceiling windows.
The restaurant on the ground floor of the new Jacquard Hotel & Rooftop, 222 Milwaukee St., is helmed by award-winning executive chef Paul Nagan and promises both American fare and “globally inspired” shareable plates.
“The menu at Narrative is specifically designed to highlight delicious and recognizable flavors from cuisines around the world,” Nagan said in a press release. “Everything we source – from humanely raised meat and seafood and local and seasonal produce – helps the menu’s cuisine tell a story from my personal journey as a chef over the past 26 years.”
Among the offerings will be:
- Grilled artichoke toast with smashed avocado, tomato, pancetta and arugula
- Burrata caprese with tomatoes, basil, olive oil and crostini
- Shrimp and grits with andouille sausage, bacon, peas, roasted tomatoes and Tabasco butter (winner of the People’s Choice Award at the 2018 Cherry Creek North Food & Wine Festival)
- The Jacq cheeseburger, dry-aged with pepper jack cheese, crispy onions and tomato jam
- Frontier Ranch trout with fennel salad, Brussels sprouts and pine nut dressing
- 48-Hour beef short rib with root vegetables, balsamic onions, potato puree and pan sauce
- Pork ribeye chop, dry-aged with bourbon apples, cider mustard glaze and creamed corn
Narrative serves wine by the glass or bottle from its 100 bottle — ahem — library, as well as cocktails and local beers.
“Like the name implies, guests can discover an array of food and drink that has a story to tell,” manager Chris Willers said in the release. “Our cocktail program – classic libations with a twist, utilizing artisanal, well-crafted spirits — and the menu’s complementary wine library, ensures guests can visit time and time again, and enjoy a new experience each time.”
Hours at Narrative are from 6:30 a.m. to close Monday through Friday and 7 a.m. to close on weekends. Happy hour happens daily from 2 to 6 p.m.