The Squeaky Bean Farm + Table is welcoming back executive chef Darren Pusateri, who was part of the kitchen team that opened the restaurant in 2012.
With his return, Pusateri brings a new fall menu featuring “rustic comfort food” and produce from Squeak Bean partner Josh Olsen and his farm in Lakewood, “Acres.”
Most recently, Pusateri has been cooking at TAG Restaurant and Guard and Grace.
“Chef Darren is a rock star,” Squeaky Bean partner Johnny “Beans” Ballen said in a release. “He’s worked in some of the best kitchens in Europe, in the U.S, and in Colorado. The three of us (me, Josh and Darren) have been friends for years, and he’s also passionate about the ‘transFARMative’ cuisine we serve here.”
Here’s a look at the new dishes Pusateri has added to the Squeaky Bean’s fall menu:
- Roasted beet and carrot salad with pistachio butter, dates, arugula and goat cheese.
- Australian prawn and pork belly with creamy grits and garlic tomato broth.
- Pork trio and white beans with bacon-wrapped tenderloin, homemade chorizo, crispy pork belly, mustard greens and apple agrodolce.
- Bistro tender and short rib with roasted carrot, cipollini onions, potatoes, carrot mousse
- Dry-aged, 30-ounce Colorado angus ribeye for two with confit potatoes and spicy broccolini.
- Pumpkin barley risotto with butternut squash, celery root, Brussels sprouts and dried cherries.
The Squeaky Bean, 1500 Wynkoop St., is open for lunch: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, and for dinner 5-10 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and 5-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.