One further salve could be all the people who paid less than asking price for their new Denver home last week. See, it is possible to not buy a home in a bidding war, and all these underbids are a small indication of just that.
Last week, 40.3 percent of the people who bought a home paid less than its asking price. The differences ranged from $625 less to a full $85,000 under list price.
Here are the top five underbids of the last week.
1090 S. Fillmore Way, sold for $65,000 under list price
- 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3,911 square feet
- Sold for $985,000, 6.2 percent under asking price
714 Mariposa St., sold for $18,000 under list price
- 2 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom, 798 square feet
- Sold for $257,000, 6.5 percent under asking price
105 S. Grove St., sold for $19,900 under list price
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1,056 square feet
- Sold for $235,000, 7.8 percent under asking price
6325 West Mansfield Ave., #231, sold for $35,000 under list price
- 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 798 square feet
- Sold for $390,000, 8.2 percent under asking price
620 Leyden St., sold for $65,000 under list price
- 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 3,911 square feet
- Sold for $505,000, 11.4 percent under asking price
Data courtesy of Usaj Realty.