Mayor Michael Hancock on Monday announced the city’s stay-at-home order will stand until April 30 as the city continues combating the spread of the new coronavirus.
The original stay-at-home order took effect on March 24 and was supposed to end on Saturday. The new order takes effect immediately, according to a release from the city’s Joint Information Center.
The city is also extending its ban on mass gatherings through April 30.
“I am very proud and thankful for all the Denver residents who are staying at home and practicing physical distancing,” Hancock said in a statement. “I know this hasn’t been easy for many, but given the current data and advice from experts about the spread of COVID-19 in our community and across the country, these are the actions that are going to get us on the other side of this curve and protect the health of as many people as possible.”
The city said in its release that it will continue to do outreach and enforcement for the order.
The city has so far issued 14 citations for violations of the stay-at-home order, issued 1,796 warnings and made 6,090 contacts with businesses and residents about compliance.
There are at least 763 confirmed positives in Denver with 20 fatalities resulting from COVID-19.
In case you need it: Here’s a quick guide to where the order allows you to go.