Get to know a neighborhood by indulging in all the food and drink it has to offer tonight at the 29th annual Uptown Sampler.
From 5 to 8:30 p.m., a $25 ticket will allow you to try the food, wine, beer and more throughout Uptown (and City Park West, actually). Day-of tickets can be purchased at Ace Eat Serve, Gumbo’s, Bread -N- Butter and Let ‘Em Have it Salon.
Here are all the participating restaurants and bars:
- Ace Eat Serve, 501 E. 17th Ave.
- Blueprint Bar, 450 E. 17th Ave., 110
- Bread -n- Butter, 1612 E. 17th Ave.
- Deep Draft, 1604 E. 17th Ave.
- Denver Bicycle Cafe, 1308 E. 17th Ave.
- Frozen Matter, 530 E. 19th Ave.
- Gumbo’s, 1033 E. 17th Ave.
- Leon Art Gallery, 1112 E. 17th Ave.
- Let ‘Em Have it Salon, 490 E. 20th Ave.
- M Uptown, 700 E. 17th Ave.,
- Marczyk’s Fine Foods, 770 E. 17th Ave.
- Marg’s Taco Bistro, 500 E. 19th Ave.
- Pandora on the Hill, 1227 E. 17th Ave.
- Park & Co., 439 E. 17th Ave.
- Penn Station Coffee Shop, 450 E. 17th Ave.
- Soul Haus, 1225 E. 17th Ave.
- Star Salon & Skin, 1104 E. 17th Ave.
- Steubens, 523 E. 17th Ave.
- The Avenue Grill, 630 E. 17th Ave.
- The District, 1320 E. 17th Ave.
- Tony P’s, 777 E. 17th Ave.
- Waffle Brothers, 1707 N. Lafayette St.
- Watercourse, 837 E. 17th Ave.
If your No. 1 complaint with pub quizzes is that they’re not more similar to game shows, then the Ratio Quiz Show is for you.
The competition pits a panel of “experts” against teams of audience members. If the experts win, the audience gets crappy prizes. If an audience team wins, the prizes will be great.
The theme tonight is ’90s music, so make a team of five, study up on your Biggie lyrics and get over to Ratio Beerworks, 2920 Larimer St. It’s free to play. Sign up starts at 8 p.m. and the game begins at 8:30 p.m.
The Walnut Room wants to help you learn a thing or four about beer at its third University of Beer event.
From 7 to 8:30 p.m., someone from Diebolt Brewing Co. will talk about the four 8-oz. beers you’ll be trying along with four paired appetizers.
Tickets are $20.