Considering a career change?
Consider this: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, close to 60 professions in metro-Denver earn on average $100,000 or more per year.
Based on May 2015 data provided by employers in Denver, Aurora and Lakewood, the Bureau of Labor Statistics determined the average wage or salary of close to 700 professions.
In August, we gave you the top ten highest paying professions. To no one’s surprise, all but two were doctors. Today, we’ll give you the top 25, if you’re aiming for more than that modest 100K.
Here are the top 25 and, of course, their wages:
- Dentists, Specialists, $129.58 per hour, $269,530 annually
- Surgeons, $121.51 per hour, $252,730 annually
- Psychiatrists, $110.82 per hour, $230,510 annually
- Chief Executives, $109.10 per hour, $226,930 annually
- Physicians and Surgeons, $107.98 per hour, $224,610 annually
- Family and General Practitioners, $106.50 per hour, $221,520 annually
- Pediatricians, $101.36 per hour, $210,830 annually
- Obstetricians and Gynecologists, $98.10 per hour, $204,040 annually
- Airline Pilots, Copilots and Flight Engineers, $186,720 annually
- Dentists, General, $88.30 per hour, $183,650 annually
- Nuclear Engineers, $82.89 per hour, $172,410 annually
- Petroleum Engineers, $81.81 per hour, $170,170 annually
- Architectural and Engineering Managers, $78.74 per hour, $163,770 annually
- Computer and Information Systems Manager, $78.48 per hour, $163,230 annually
- Financial Managers, $77.09 per hour, $160,340 annually
- Internists, General, $72.69 per hour, $151,190 annually
- Marketing Managers, $70.66 per hour, $146,960 annually
- Health Specialties Teachers, $145,950 annually
- Sales Managers, $69.89 per hour, $145,380 annually
- Human Resources Managers, $69.76 per hour, $145,090 annually
- Natural Sciences Managers, $68.74 per hour, $142,980 annually
- Lawyers, $68.61 per hour, $142,700 annually
- Judges, Magistrate Judges and Magistrates, $67.79 per hour, $141,000 annually
- Air Traffic Controllers, $67.65 per hour, $140,710 annually
- Compensation and Benefits Managers, $67.34 per hour, $140,060 annually