Uber is giving away ugly Christmas sweaters in five cities today and Denver is one of them.
And since we’re at the point in the ugly sweater mania that you probably have one if you want one or you just really hate them, maybe you’d consider donating this one.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Get on the Uber app (you can download it for free if you don’t have it) and make sure it’s the latest version.
- Starting at 11 a.m., enter ELVESDEN16 to unlock the ELVES option.
- Tap the green ugly sweater pop-up card at the bottom of the Uber app to request.
When someone picks up your request, a sweater will be delivered to your location. You don’t have to pay anything or take a ride. It’s totally free.
You can get up to two sweaters in women’s medium or large, or men’s large or extra large. The promotion lasts until 4 p.m., but availability is limited.
OK, next: Find a place to donate it. Here are some options:
- The Ministry Outreach Center for the Denver Rescue Mission has quick drive-up doors and staff assistance Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Colorado Coalition for the Homeless accepts donations at 2111 Champa St. Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Goodwill Denver has locations where you can drop off clothes at 21 S. Broadway and 7797 E. 36th Ave.
Final step: Feel good.