Denver has more dispensaries than breweries or Denver Broncos players
Perhaps it was unfair to single Starbucks out when it comes to the proliferation of pot across our city. Poor, poor Starbucks – outnumbered two-to-one by dispensaries in our fair city, held aloft as a once-dominant force of culture crushed by weed’s omnipresence.
In the interest of equity, here are some other Denver things outnumbered by the city’s 154 pot shops.
- Breweries: There are 72 breweries and brew pubs in the city.
- Pizza: The most exhaustive Denver pizza count suggests there are only 73 distinct pizza-serving establishments.
- McDonald’s: America’s foremost burger joint has roughly 30 Denver locations.
- Subways: Did you know that there are more Subways than McDonald’s worldwide? Take a seat, world’s most popular fast-food restaurant: You’re outnumbered 3 to 1 by dispensaries here. (There are 50 Subways in Denver.)
- Pottery Barns: There are only four within 100 miles of Denver. Maybe dispensaries should start selling sofas and really put a nail in that coffin.
- State lawmakers: Colorado has 100 of them in the legislature.
- Denver Broncos: The current roster has 74 players.
- Actually, all sports-whatevers put together: Collectively, the rosters of the Rockies, Broncos, Avalanche and Nuggets hold 138 men of sport.
- Invasive species: Not counting marijuana, there are 152 invasive species that have been found in Denver county.
Naturally, the list goes on. A reporter’s work is never done and I cordially invite you to send me more that I have missed. If I find them funny or informative, I may add them.