Denverite is hiring a sales and events manager!
Hi. You’re a salesperson stuck at a place that doesn’t “get it.” Maybe they’ve given up on digital; maybe you’re tired of telling them to pay attention to social media. You’ve run events that have started to feel boring and stilted. We’re Denverite, a Denver-based local news startup known for thoughtful and useful news coverage. You may have seen our newsletters. We think news and events ought to be approachable, vital and fun.
We’re looking for an experienced, innovative professional to work as a Sales & Events Manager to help us plan a busy monthly events schedule. And oh yeah, we need you to sell advertising and sponsorships too! Are you a detail-oriented multitasker who works well with a team? Are you a self-starter? Do you like to laugh? We need someone who thrives on hearing about an idea and running with it, from beginning to end. Ideally, the candidate will be familiar with Denver.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, coordinate and execute all aspects of events throughout Denver for Denverite readers to attend, ranging from small (30 people) to large (200+ people) events.
- Conduct cold calls/follow-up calls to secure advertising and sponsorships for Denverite.com, our newsletter products and events.
- Work with the Denverite team (news, design, development) to produce engaging events throughout the year for Denver residents, particularly those ages 35 and younger.
- Implement all facets of ad campaigns (creative, billing, pacing reports, campaign follow-up, etc.)
- Help launch a successful membership model by building and retaining a group of paying Denverite readers as a form of sustaining local journalism.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in communication/business
- At least 3 years’ experience in digital sales or events, bonus points if you have experience in both areas. Extra bonus points if your experience is in Denver.
- The ability to multitask. We sometimes will have two events in single day, or large back-to-back events.
- Ability to work with the team on the occasional night or weekend for events, as needed.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- The ability to work quickly and independently.
- A commitment to collaboration, both inside and outside the organization.
- Someone who can close a deal, squeeze lemons for a signature drink, check people into an event, create new connections and show up to work the next day to organize the next event.
Email email@example.com with the subject line Sales and Events Manager.