Rosenberg’s Bagels is opening a pizza place inside the 715 Club
That pizza joint will be called Famous Original Ray’s Pizza. You might know why that’s a big deal. If not, we’ll break it down.
Rosenberg’s Bagels is getting a sister concept — a pizzeria, naturally, where that replicated New York water will be put to good use.
That pizza joint will be called Famous Original Ray’s Pizza.
Depending on your background, this might not be as delightful to you as it is to some. Here’s the deal:
If you’re from New York or have spent enough time there, you know there’s a weird situation with Ray’s pizza. There’s Ray’s, Original Ray’s, Famous Ray’s, Famous Original Ray’s, etc. It’s a whole thing. Gothamist even performed the public service of finding the for-real original Ray’s a couple years ago. (The Chubby’s saga might be the Denver equivalent.)
Anyway, this Denver Famous Original Ray’s will be a window-service area on the patio at the historic and newly reopened 715 Club at 715 E. 26th Ave., right next to Rosenberg’s. They’ll be selling pizza by the slice.
The exact opening date hasn’t been set yet, but owner Joshua Pollack and company are aiming for this spring.
They’ll be offering a taste of their pizza inside the bagel shop as a pop-up on the stoner holiday of 4/20, along with a special stoner menu. If you want to try either one, stop by the shop at 725 E. 26th Ave. between 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. that day.
Here are some menu highlights:
- Elvis PB&J on a cinnamon raisin bagel with strawberry jam, peanut butter and fried banana, with bacon (optional)
- Fried chicken and waffle bagel with cheddar cheese and maple syrup, with the option of adding bacon and/or a fried egg
- Pastrami tacos on rye tortillas with pickled slaw and Swiss cheese (optional)
- Ray’s OG Famous Slice – cheese or pepperoni
- Candy-Packed Rugelach – Butterfinger, Heath Bar, cookie butter, Andes
- Bagel Chips – Cinnamon toast with cream cheese frosting and cool ranch