King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard is at the Ogden Theatre, 935 E. Colfax Ave., tonight. If you’re unfamiliar with the band, the name should just about tell you all you need to know (it’s psych rock).
Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show starts at 9 p.m. with Other Worlds. Tickets are $25.
Great American Beer Festival is still not officially underway, but you wouldn’t know it from all the unofficial events happening around Denver. Here’s a small selection for tonight:
- Bruz Beers, 1675 W. 67th Ave., is hosting a beer trivia night from 7 to 10 p.m. It’s free to play. Basic Kneads Pizza Food truck will be serving wood-fired pizza.
- Mockery Brewing, 3501 Delgany St., is inviting in Good Sugar Baking Co. for beer and cookie pairings from 6 to 8 p.m. The four-beer, four-cookie menu costs $12.
- To The Wind Bistro, 3333 E. Colfax Ave., is having another beer dinner. This one will feature Burial Brewing beers paired with a five-course menu. It costs $59.
We’ve got even more unofficial events here.
In case you somehow hadn’t heard: The Rockies are in the playoffs for the first time in eight years. Pretty wild(card). (I’m so sorry.)
They play the Diamondbacks in Arizona tonight to decide who advances, and while you could certainly watch from the comfort of your couch, why not get mid-week tipsy and yell at the TV with some other fans? Here are a few watch parties where you can make that happen:
- Monkey Barrel, 4401 Tejon St. $3 Breckenridge Brewery Lager, $5 Wings and free Purple Shots for every Rockies score.
- Hamburger Mary’s, 1336 E. 17th Ave.
- Recess Beer Garden, 2715 17th St. Game on the big screen in the garden. $6 any draft beer and a ballpark dog! Free Rockies shot if you wear Rockies gear.
- ViewHouse, 2015 Market St. $3 Coors Light, $4 Sons Of 1858 EPA or Red Ale, $10 Sonoran Hot Dog + Sons Of 1858 Draft.
The game starts at 6:08 p.m. I don’t know why.