The time has come for Gov. John Hickenlooper to take off his Sunday shoes.
Cleo Parker Robinson Dance said Tuesday Hickenlooper is the featured dancer in the 9th annual Dancing With The Denver Stars. He will be among the 13-member class to get down before 700 people at the Hilton Denver City Center on August 25.
The gala helps support the Arts-In-Education outreach program, which gives students access to dance and arts.
According to the release, rehearsal for the summer show will begin next month. Each “dancing star” will select music (no word on Hickenlooper’s choice, but I would like to see him dance to J Balvin) from an approved list of artists based on a theme. They’ll need to learn choreography and rehearse at least four times before the dress rehearsal in August. There will also be costumes involved.
Participants will need to present their routine to Cleo Parker Robinson, founder and artistic director at CPRD. She will attend at least one rehearsal per pair.
“Our 13 Stars demonstrate that dance students start at any point in life…whether at 3 or 93! These new dancers highlight to students across the spectrum of Denver-area schools that our minds grow with our bodies at any age,” Robinson said in the release.
Dr. Shandra Wilson, Surgeon at the University of Colorado at Denver, and George Sparks, CEO of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, will be the CPRD 2018 Gala co-chairs, according to the release.
The 13-member DWTDS cast includes:
- Kristin Bronson, City Attorney, City & County of Denver
- Leslie Eaton, Esq., Ballard Spahr
- Colleen Faddick, Esq., Polsinelli
- Tyrone Gant, SVP, Dir., Treasury Mgt, Vectra Bank
- Patrick Heck, EVP, Chief Commercial Officer, DIA
- Governor John Hickenlooper
- Joel Hillan, Anchor, KCNC CBS4 This Morning
- Alice Jackson, President, Xcel Energy – Colorado
- Kelli Kelly, Dir., Diversity & Inclusion PCL Construction
- Gloria Neal, GloKnows Unlimited
- Amy Parsons, Executive Vice Chancellor, CSU
- Cliff Rigsbee, VP, Marketing/Merchandising, Safeway
- Murphy Robinson, Exec. Dir., Dept of General Svcs, City & County of Denver