It’s come to this: Denver is banning alcohol from parks from April 24 through July 23, 2020 to keep people from getting too touchy-feely and thereby possibly more exposed to COVID-19.
“It is intended to support and promote the stay at home and social distancing directives and ensure the safety of outdoor public spaces during the emergency,” a statement from the city reads.
Here are the rules governing parks. Stick to them and stay safe:
- Alcohol (including beer, wine and champagne) is not allowed
- If you are sick, do not visit the parks
- Separate at least 6 feet from others at all times
- Do not gather or travel in groups
- Group sports and activities are prohibited
- Shared use of equipment is not allowed (i.e.: frisbees, footballs, etc.)
- Bring your own hand sanitizer/washing supplies
- Leash your dog to prevent accidental cross-contamination with others
- Park hours are 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.