The city’s stay-at-home enforcement team continues to issue citations to businesses violating Denver’s stay-at-home order, which is now in place through May 8 despite the state’s order expiring this week.
As of Tuesday, the enforcement team has issued 23 citations to businesses across the city. Last week, it busted Sancho’s Broken Arrow on Colfax after rumors swirled that it was operating as a speakeasy (the owner denies it).
And while the enforcement team hasn’t ticketed people for gathering in large groups, it has been busy talking to them, with more than 10,645 contacts and 3,658 warnings. Those things don’t carry penalties and can be written or verbal. The enforcement team works seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The city’s parks and rec department has issued its own tickets for people breaking rules. Parks & Recreation spokeswoman Cyndi Karvaski said rangers have issued tickets to five individuals for breaking park rules, including being in off-limit areas due to coronavirus. These are different than stay-at-home citations.
Karvaski said these administrative citations are not criminal citations, but they do come with $100 (or so) fine. Two park citations were handed out at City Park on March 28, one at Red Rocks on March 31, one at Zeckendorf Plaza Park and one near Pioneer Monument Fountain close to Civic Center Park, both on April 22.
Karvaski added that a majority of those contacts and warnings related to the stay-at-home order were issued at city parks.
Here’s the complete list of businesses cited under the stay-at-home order, including their locations and date:
- 4/27 – Wigs & Beauty Supply (5145 Chambers Rd #D)
- 4/26 – DogHaus (8316 E. Northfield Blvd)
- 4/25 – Queens Auto Sales (7405 E. Colfax)
- 4/24 – Sancho’s Broken Arrow (741 E. Colfax Ave)
- 4/23 – Spray La Vie (5075 E. Leetsdale)
- 4/21 – Hush Vapor (1908 E. Colfax Ave)
- 4/20 – Sleep Nation (1390 S. Colorado Blvd #100)
- 4/18 – Smokey’s Pipe and Tobacco (10019 E. Hampden Ave)
- 4/10 – Appliance Factory (1045 Zuni) – DISMISSED/WITHDRAWN
- 4/10 – Appliance Factory (2816 Colorado) – DISMISSED/WITHDRAWN
- 4/8 – Bass Pro Shops (7970 E. Northfield Blvd)
- 4/7 – Colorado Vape and Glass (1871 S. Broadway)
- 4/6 – Nuggs Ice Cream (5135 E. Colfax)
- 4/3 – United Ground Express (8500 Pena Blvd) – DISMISSED/WITHDRAWN
- 4/2 – Appliance Factory (1045 Zuni)
- 4/2 – Denver Smokes and Vapes (4085 E. Mississippi #E)
- 4/2 – Royal Pipes and Hookahs (10890 E. Dartmouth #10A
- 4/2 – EZ Pawn (1025 S. Broadway)
- 4/1 – Appliance Factory (2816 Colorado Blvd)
- 4/1 – Vape Glass (4039 S. Lowell Blvd)
- 3/31 – Appliance Factory (1045 Zuni)
- 3/31 – Wing Stop (5125 Chambers Rd)
- 3/30 – Hobby Lobby (920 S. Monaco)
- 3/29-Appliance Factory Outlet (1045 Zuni St.)
- 3/29- Car Wash USA Express (603 Santa Fe Drive)
- 3/28-Appliance Factory (1045 Zuni)
- 3/26-Game Stop (757 E 20th Ave)