Even the Bible says you should ask for what you want, so why wouldn’t that be true of real estate? Here’s a look at the new Denver homeowners who asked to pay less for their house and got their way.
Last week, about a third of the people who bought a home in Denver paid less than its asking price. The differences ranged from $500 less to a full $270,000 under list price.
Here are the top five underbids of the last week.
2727 East Cedar Avenue, #4, sold for $100,000 below list price
- 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 5,816 square feet
- Sold for $1,150,000, 8 percent below asking price
448 Detroit Street, sold for $135,000 below list price
- 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 4,733 square feet
- Sold for $1,550,000, 8 percent under asking price
1905 South Bryant Street, Denver, CO 80219, sold for $20,000 below list price
- 4 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, 1,154 square feet
- Sold for $215,000, 8.51 percent under asking price
945 Pennsylvania Street, sold for $270,000 below list price
- 10 bedrooms, 5 full bathrooms, 10,963 square feet
- Sold for $2,725,000, 9 percent under asking price
6601 Knox Court, Denver, CO 80221, sold for $20,000 below list price
- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,050 square feet
- Sold for $170,000, 10.53 percent under asking price
Data courtesy of Usaj Realty.