Hello, party people and not-party people.
If you’re reading this, it’s probably because you’re going to Grandoozy or you’re not going to Grandoozy but your life happens near Grandoozy.
Let’s start with the Grandontzers:
Hopefully the festival won’t disrupt your weekend too much. I’m here to tell you that it will probably disrupt it a little bit, though. I’m sorry. Denver released a list of road closures today and trying to decipher it made me go a little crosseyed, so for everyone’s benefit, I’ve built a little interactive map.
And in case you want it, here’s the list via Denver Office of Special Events:
- Florida Ave in between S. Platte River Dr. and Santa Fe Drive
- Monday, Sept. 10 at 8:30 a.m. through Tuesday, Sept 18 at 3:30 p.m. – Florida Avenue closed to all non-event traffic. Aqua Golf will be accessible from Santa Fe Drive during these closures except for the festival days (Friday through Sunday)
- Monday, Sept. 10 at 8:30 a.m. – Tuesday, Sept. 18 at 3:30 p. m. Overland Pond Park parking lot closed
- Wednesday, Sept. 19 – eastbound curb lane of Florida Avenue closed
- Santa Fe Drive between South Platte River Drive and Jewell Avenue
- Southbound, right-hand lane closures beginning Friday, Sept. 14 at 11:00 a.m. and lasting through Monday, Sept. 17 at 6 a.m. for Lyft/Uber pick-up and drop-off
- Jewell Ave. will be closed at Santa Fe Dr. on Friday, Sept. 14 at 12 a.m. through Sunday, Sept. 16 at 11:59 p.m. or until Sunday’s egress has cleared
- Galapagos Street and Huron Street (north of Evans Avenue.) will have restricted resident-only access into the Overland Park South neighborhood on event days from 8 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. or until each nightly egress clears
This next part is for you, Grandoozers.
Entrances are at West Florida Avenue between South Platte River Drive and South Santa Fe Drive, and on West Jewell Avenue at South Elati Street. There will be no parking area — not even the Overland Park lot. Here’s how the city recommends you travel to and from the fest:
- RTD Rail to the 1-25/Broadway and Evan Street Stations
- Park at RTD Park-n-Ride lots or at the Colorado Convention Center for easy RTD Rail access
- A free festival shuttle will be available to and from the 1-25/Broadway Station (also a 5- to 10-minute Uber/Lyft ride or a 25-minute walk)
- A walking path (15 minutes) will be designated to and from the Evans Street Station
- The use of the RTD Park and Ride lots and bus and train ridership are expected to be higher than usual throughout the weekend, especially on Sunday because of the Broncos game.
- Bike to the festival: A free bike valet will be available near the intersection of South Platte River Bike Trail and West Asbury Avenue, near the south entrance to the festival on Jewell Street.
- Uber/Lyft: Drop-off and pick-up is on Santa Fe Drive at Jewell Avenue. (proceed to festival entrance/exit on Jewell Avenue.)
- Three local shuttles will be running from the Highlands, Downtown and Capital Hill neighborhoods.
- Regional shuttles will be available from Boulder, Fort Collins and Colorado Springs
- Taxi, friends, family and accessible drop-off and pick-up: There are two areas for other vehicles to drop off and pick up attendees. Each location will have clear and safe walking routes to the festival.
- North – South Platte River Drive between Santa Fe Drive and South Huron St. (ADA friendly – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about festival accessibility)
- South – Grant Frontier Park near South Platte River Drive off West Evans Avenue.